Friday, January 18, 2013

Here are some of the benefits I am enjoying on my new diet:
  • I suffer from fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis.  Despite the medications I take daily to help combat my symptoms, I am still very tender and swollen at the end of the day.  However, from the very first day I stopped eating grains, rice, carbohydrates and sugar, I noticed that I am no longer swollen at the end of the day!  My shoes aren't crushing my toes, my ankles aren't oozing out of my shoes and I don't have an urgency to unbutton my pants in the middle of the day!
  • I don't have dragon breath all day!  I live in fear that when I am speaking I am offending everyone around me with my dragon breath.  I used to carry mints and chug water all day.  Granted I don't have minty fresh breath from dusk to dawn, but my mouth doesn't taste nasty anymore and I don't feel like I am burning my friend's eyelashes with my dragon breath.
  • I am not tired during the day!  I used to yawn constantly and feel like I never got enough sleep.  Now I rarely yawn and feel very rested in the mornings.
Admittedly, I have gone off the wagon more than a few times, and the bloating, swelling in my joints and ache in my belly are enough to make me want to keep changing my eating habits.  Hooray for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment